Maker Faire Kansas City 2016
Event Date: June 25-26, 2016
Location: UNION STATION KANSAS CITY
Be the first to find out when the application is available by signing up for our e-newsletter.
As you prepare to apply for the Call for Makers, the team has compiled a short list of tips to help!
- Be descriptive as possible about your project
- Prepare good photos, or video content, you can provide
- Think about who your Booth Assistants will be
- Ask questions; if you are unsure about something, check the Maker Manual. Still can’t find the answer? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Team will be happy to assist you.
Check out the list of topics your project can be about below. If you don’t see your ‘topic’ or ‘project’ type listed, don’t worry! We welcome and encourage all types of Makers to apply. We particularly encourage exhibits that are interactive and that highlight the process of making things.
- Student projects
- Homegrown Drones
- Arduino projects
- Raspberry Pi
- Space projects
- Food makers (not concessionaires, more info below)
- Conductive materials projects
- Kit makers
- Interactive art projects
- 3D Printers and CNC Mills
- Textile Arts and Crafts
- Home Energy Monitoring
- Rockets and RC Toys
- Sustainability & Green Tech
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
- Electric Vehicles
- Science, Biology/Biotech, and Chemistry projects
- Puppets, Kites, and Other Whimsical Creations
- Large-scale Art
- Shelter (Tents, Domes, etc.)
- Music Performances and Participation
- Unusual Tools or Machines
- How to Fix Things or Take them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)